Optimized Systems has a career opportunity for an experienced HVAC and/or controls technician with considerable experience working with commercial and institutional systems. This position involves working with our highly experienced team of professional engineers, controls specialists, and facility experts to optimize HVAC systems for performance and energy efficiency. Common responsibilities include testing and operating system equipment and automation controls in a variety of facility types.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an associate degree in HVAC, three or more years of experience in HVAC and building automation controls, exceptional aptitude, and a deep desire to learn and excel.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Project Manager, this person will:
- Inspect and test HVAC equipment and components for operational integrity.
- Conduct remote monitoring of equipment operation.
- Respond to system alarms on behalf of clients.
- Support commissioning operations.
- Perform troubleshooting and minor repairs.
- Other duties as needed.
- 2-year associate degree in HVAC or related field
- 3+ years of commercial HVAC and building automation controls experience
- Above average proficiency working on computers and mobile devices, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and common office productivity software tools
- Exceptional aptitude learning and applying HVAC operational concepts
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Detail oriented with ability to work independently
- Ambitious with a commitment to integrity and personal responsibility
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Able to pass a background and reference checks
- Salary or hourly wage commensurate with experience
- Seven paid holidays
- Paid vacation/PTO
- Paid medical
- Phone stipend
- Training and educational opportunities
Optimized Systems is an equal opportunity employer.