Optimized Systems has a career opportunity for an experienced Commissioning Agent to perform and manage commissioning projects for our clients. This position involves working with the Sector Leader to plan, schedule, implement, and manage all aspects of our proven commissioning processes from the construction phase through final closeout. Backed up by a highly-experienced team of professional engineers, controls specialists, and facility experts, this person will work, often in a supervisory role, on multiple commissioning projects simultaneously of various size and complexity. Common responsibilities will include performing and/or directing site observations during construction, pre-functional and functional testing, startups, as well as training and support during warranty period operations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a mechanical engineering degree, four or more years of experience commissioning mechanical systems in large facilities, and several years of HVAC and building automation controls experience. A recognized commissioning certification is preferred but not required as we are willing to further train and certify the right individual. Occasional, limited travel within Nebraska and contiguous states may be required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with and under the direction of the Sector Leader, the Commissioning Agent will:
- Review project documents to thoroughly understand project scope and commissioning requirements.
- Assist in the development of commissioning plans.
- Prepare project submittals as necessary.
- Assist in the review of shop drawings and contractor submittals.
- Communicate and work with staff, stakeholders, contractors, and sub-contractors as necessary to coordinate and perform all commissioning activities.
- Run commissioning project meetings.
- Conduct and/or direct site observations during construction.
- Perform and/or direct pre-functional system checks.
- Perform and/or direct all functional performance testing.
- Monitor and participate in system start-ups.
- Maintain and manage deficiencies lists and resolutions implemented throughout the projects.
- Communicate and follow-up with contractors and sub-contractors to ensure all deficiencies are resolved.
- Ensure that thorough and accurate documentation of the commission process is recorded and maintained in the commissioning management software.
- Ensure end-user training is provided to facility staff as required.
- Ensure that the Systems Manuals are complete and accurate.
- Prepare final commissioning report.
- Provide support as necessary during post occupancy and warranty period.
- Stay abreast of commissioning standards and best practices.
- Maintain proactive engagement with commissioning projects and stakeholders to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as directed by the Sector Leader.
- 2+ years of post-secondary education in related technical fields
- 4+ years of HVAC experience
- 3+ years of experience in building automated control systems
- Above average proficiency working on computers and mobile devices, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and common office productivity software tools
- Strong software aptitude
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong initiative and organization skills
- Ambitious with a commitment to integrity and personal responsibility
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass a background and reference checks
- Mechanical engineering degree
- Previous commissioning experience (4+ years)
- Previous project management experience
- Commissioning certification
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Seven (7) paid holidays
- Paid vacation/PTO
- Paid medical
- Company vehicle
- Phone stipend
- Training and educational opportunities
Make a change for the good! Join our team!
Optimized Systems is an equal opportunity employer.