Optimized Systems has a career opportunity for an entry-level Commissioning Agent. This position involves working as an apprentice to learn our proven commissioning processes. You will work with and learn from our highly-experienced team of professional engineers, controls specialists, and facility experts. Common responsibilities will include assisting in the performance of commissioning-related duties, such as site observations during construction, pre-functional and functional testing, startups, as well as training and support during warranty period operations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an associate degree in HVAC, three or more years of experience in HVAC and building automation controls, exceptional aptitude, and a deep desire to learn and excel at building commissioning.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working under the direction of the Sector Leader and project supervisors, the commissioning agent apprentice will:
- Participate in the review of project documents to understand project scope and commissioning requirements.
- Observe the development of commissioning plans.
- Assist with the preparation of project submittals.
- Observe and assist with the review of shop drawings and contractor submittals.
- Participate in site observations during construction.
- Assist with pre-functional system checks.
- Assist with functional performance testing.
- Observe and participate with system start-ups.
- Assist with the maintenance and management of deficiencies lists and associated resolutions.
- Assist with recording and maintaining commissioning documentation in the commissioning management software.
- Assist with the review of Systems Manuals.
- Assist with preparation of the final commissioning report.
- Assist with post occupancy and warranty period duties.
- Learn and stay abreast of commissioning standards, best practices and the company’s commissioning processes.
- Other duties as needed.
- 2-year associate degree in HVAC or related field
- 3+ years of HVAC and building automation controls experience
- Above average proficiency working on computers and mobile devices, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and common office productivity software tools
- Exceptional aptitude learning and applying HVAC, controls, and commissioning concepts
- Strong software aptitude
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong initiative and organization skills
- Ambitious with a commitment to integrity and personal responsibility
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Able to pass a background and reference checks
- Salary or hourly wage commensurate with experience
- Seven (7) paid holidays
- Paid vacation/PTO
- Paid medical
- Phone stipend
- Training and educational opportunities
Make a change for the good! Join our team!
Optimized Systems is an equal opportunity employer.