Optimized Systems has a career opportunity for a resourceful and ambitious business development specialist with a proven track record in acquiring and nurturing new client relationships, to help grow our company. The ideal candidate will be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with little supervision. He or she will be knowledgeable of commercial and institutional HVAC systems and/or building automation systems. He or she will also have deep roots in the Omaha-metro construction, A/E and/or facility operations marketplace. A professional, positive and upbeat demeanor, as well as successful business development experience is essential.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
Working from our Omaha office, the Business Development Specialist will be responsible for:
- Identifying, developing and nurturing new business opportunities and client relationships through networking, social media, and prospecting activities, such as cold calling, opportunity research and lead generation.
- Nurturing and growing existing client relationships for new project opportunities in key market sectors.
- Initiating, developing and growing industry partnerships and alliances.
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on industry trends and potential market opportunities.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of marketing and business development strategies.
- Conducting in-person presentations, as well as virtual sales presentations and webinars.
- Assisting with the development of proposals and responding to RFPs.
- Participating in industry associations, tradeshows, industry events and other networking events.
- Managing and reporting on opportunities in the pipeline.
- Managing and maintaining contact information for clients and prospects in the company’s CRM.
- Other duties necessary for the successful acquisition of new business opportunities.
- Previous successful experience developing new business opportunities in a related industry
- Working knowledge of commercial and/or institutional-level HVAC systems and/or building automation controls
- Ability to conceptualize and communicate potential solutions for prospective clients through consultative style selling techniques
- Above average proficiency with computers and mobile devices, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, CRM, and common office productivity software tools
- Strong oral and writing communications skills, including the ability to develop and give presentations
- Exceptional ambition with a strong commitment to personal integrity and responsibility
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass background and reference checks
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Marketing, or similar credentials
- Advanced technical training in HVAC
- Experience and/or credentials in energy management and sustainability
- Technical abilities to implement web-based sales presentations
- Social media and blogging experience
- Competitive salary with incentives commensurate with experience
- Eight paid holidays
- Paid vacation/PTO
- Paid medical
- Paid life and short-term disability
- 401K w/ employer match
- Company vehicle or vehicle stipend
- Phone stipend
- Training and educational opportunities
- Comfortable work environment
Optimized Systems is an equal opportunity employer.
Please attach your resume below, cover letter encouraged.