Optimized Systems has a career opportunity for mechanical engineer with HVAC/R and project management experience. This position involves working on HVAC-driven energy efficiency projects, often in the role of an owner’s representative. Most of our projects are in healthcare and higher education facilities with diverse HVAC systems. The right candidate will be someone who embraces responsibility, is an active and accurate communicator, who is good with project documents, and capable of performing design and shop drawing reviews.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a mechanical engineering degree, five or more years of experience in mechanical systems construction and/or operations and maintenance in large facilities. Mechanical system design and building automation controls experience is highly preferred but not required.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Review project documents to thoroughly understand project scope and owner requirements.
- Assist in the development of project budgets and schedules.
- Plan, organize and facilitate project delivery.
- Perform design reviews.
- Review and approve shop drawings and submittals.
- Communicate and work with staff, stakeholders, contractors, and sub-contractors as necessary for successful project delivery.
- Conduct and/or direct site work.
- Inspect HVAC equipment for condition and operability.
- Perform minor troubleshooting and repairs.
- Identify deficiencies and manage their resolution.
- Operate building automation systems as needed for projects.
- Other duties as directed by leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
- 5+ years of job experience working on HVAC projects at large commercial and/or institutional facilities.
- 5+ years of experience reading and/or developing project drawings.
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Above average proficiency with computers and mobile devices, including Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office and common engineering and office productivity software tools
- Strong writing and interpersonal communications skills
- Detail oriented with strong initiative and organization skills
- Ambitious with a commitment to integrity and personal responsibility
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Able to pass background and reference checks
- Mechanical systems design experience
- Building automation controls experience
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Eight paid holidays
- Paid vacation/PTO
- Paid medical
- Paid life and short-term disability
- 401K w/ employer match
- Phone stipend
- Training and educational opportunities
- Comfortable work environment
Optimized Systems is an equal opportunity employer.